Thursday, March 23, 2006

Eclipse Con 2006 - Day 4

Today was the last day of EclipseCon 2006. I think that I got more out of the talks and presentations today than I did yesterday - alot of informative topics on RCP, SWT, Web Services, and more.

Today's opening and closing remarks/talks weren't all that interesting - so I left the conference mid-way through the closing remark to get a little R&R at the hotel's spa.

Overall, I think the EclispeCon 2006 went really well - except for the short talks (read my previous posts). Then again, this was my first time attending a conference this size. Regardless, I came out of the four-day conference with alot of great and useful information - more than I imagine I would before coming here to Silicon Valley. If I have the opportunity, I definitely would like to attend future EclipseCons as well as other software and IT conferences.

Now that I have all this information about the different Eclipse projects, I can't wait to get back to the lab and start on new projects for myself as well as for my employer.

Although this is the end of the EclipseCon, it definitely isn't the end of my "vacation". In fact, it's just the start when I head up to San Fran to party it up with some friends for the weekend!!!

No comments: