Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Eclipse Con 2006 - Day 3

It's day 3 of EclipseCon 2006 and nothing too exciting happened. I went to the usual talks and presentations about RCP, DSDP, and other Eclipse projects and tools. Some of the more interesting ones I attended were about actions and commands and the undo system.

The key note about Apache and Eclipse presented at the start of the day wasn't particually interesting. I spent most of the talk just checking email and surfing the web...

After the second day of attending the short talks held towards the end of the day, I have to say that I really hate the way they have set it up. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the short talks of nine minutes are held in different conference rooms spread all over the convention center and are presented one right after the othere. There are not breaks in between the short talks. So that means you gotta run or leave the a talk early in order to attend the next talk without missing it.

Today's lunch wasn't all that great either - it was some kind of pasta. But the reception at the end of the day was much better. There were a variety of foods from different cultures.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of books on Eclipse plug-in and RCP development, and one on JST. Although I can get them for less expensive at Amazon.com because of the taxes I have to pay here, I figured that since my company is gonna reimburse me for the purchases, why not go all out!

No comments: